REGISTRATION IS NOW OPENUnder the German Presidency of the Council of the European Union and at the invitation of the German Federal Ministry of Education and Research, JPI Climate organises its second Scoping Forum Symposium Providing Knowledge for a climate neutral and resilient Europe with key players of the European climate research and policy community, to jointly explore how to best support climate policy in the context of the European Green Deal and Horizon Europe, with its climate-related Missions. Here is a flavor of what we propose in our ONLINE forum:9 December 2020 from 2:00 pm – 4:30 pm CESTSpeeches and panel discussion by and with
- Johan Rockström, Director of the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research
- Representatives of European Commission DG RTD and DG Clima
- Members of the Horizon Europe Mission Board on Adaptation to climate change, including societal transformation
10 December from 10:00 am - to 4:45 pm CEST including break
- Interactive Session on co-designing research for multi-sectoral, multi-facetted risk assessment(series of parallel "World café Tables" where you will be invited to provide your views on various topics related to co-creation on adaptation and mitigation and the role of JPI Climate)
- Group discussions in key areas such as societal transformation in the face of climate change and COVID- 19, climate finance, negative emissions, next generation Earth System Models and climate predictability.
Please register for the symposium and the tables of your choice here (https://initio.wufoo.com/forms/ptvx7je1ntkagf/) by Friday, December 4 at 10:00 and visit the JPI Climate website, where you can find a preliminary agenda (http://www.jpi-climate.eu/media/default.aspx/emma/org/10901824/20112020_draft_agenda%20scoping_forum_09122020.pdf). More information will follow in the website.If you have any technical issues to log in or connection problems, please contact Ekkehard Zamelfon, sms, signal, whatsapp +49 (0)162 246 6565mail: firstname.lastname@example.org