- Information and Communication Technologies
Aimed to foster collaboration opportunities and to support policy dialogue, PICTURE is a logical continuation of the successful activities carried out under the EECA ICT clustering projects - ISTOK-SOYUZ, SCUBE-ICT and EXTEND - that were running from January 2009 until June 2011 with the common mandate of strengthening the cooperation between EU and EECA countries in the field of Information and Communication Technologies (ICT).
The cluster experience clearly has shown the need to continue the efforts in the EECA countries, further amplifying their impact.
Therefore, the main objective of the PICTURE project is to exploit collaboration frameworks built on the foundations and achievements of previous experience to enrich and support the research dimension of the EU-EECA ICT Policy Dialogue. The PICTURE Consortium, with complementary skills and experiences in international cooperation and bilateral cooperation with EECA countries, engages the EU and EECA stakeholders from the government and academia, research institutions and enterprises, to bring the present collaboration in ICT research to a higher level.
Period: 01/12/2011 to 30/05/2014
Total cost: EUR 734.652
Budget from EC: EUR 620.000
Funding scheme: CSA
To achieve the project objectives, the consortium will undertake activities focused at:
- Updating the EU-EECA ICT priorities for cooperation and provide an overview of the EECA ICT policy dialogue, currently existing in the region ;
- Assisting and enriching the Policy Dialogue process and meetings between the EU and EECA with periodic and other reports, encompassing findings from policy research and stakeholder views dealing with common R&D perspectives, priorities, opportunities and challenges
- Setting up and animating the 3 working groups, focusing on Policy Dialogue (WG1), Components, Computing Systems, and Networks (WG2) and Content Technologies and Information Management (WG3)
- Organizing three workshops, ten working groups meetings, and more than 30 projects events in EECA countries;
- Implementing pilot projects relevant to each EECA country, exchanging experience and the lessons learnt (e.g. access for EU researchers to the EECA programmes…)
- Recommending future cooperation initiatives and identifying matching counterpart funding to leverage EECA research capability and capacity and to engage in projects in common priority areas
- Exploring and recommending existing EECA programmes in order to open new perspectives for participation of the EU ICT organizations, and highlight the ways to access these programmes;
EXPECTED RESULTS AND OUTCOMES
As a final outcome, the project will present step-wise recommendations and strategies for reinforcement of bilateral and multilateral cooperation, covering the large geographical area of the EECA countries. It is expected also that PICTURE will create a good ground for making a substantial contribution to the existing state of the art in ICT policy dialogue by releasing cooperation potential of the EECA region which is rich in talents but not yet adequately internationalized.
INNO TSD SA
SOCIETY FOR DEVELOPMENT OF SCIENTIFIC COOPERATION (SODESCO)
+992 37 88 14906
INSTITUTE OF MATHEMATICS NATIONAL UNIVERSITY OF UZBEKISTAN
NON-GOVERMMENTAL ORGANIZATION AGENCY OF EUROPEAN INNOVATIONS
+38 032 2935343
SCIENTIFIC CONSULTING CENTER 'ALTYN UMYT'
NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF RESEARCH AND EDUCATIONAL E-INFRASTRUCTURES "EARENA"
AUTONOMOUS NONCOMMERCIAL ORGANIZATION
CENTRUL PROIECTE INTERNATIONALE
+373 22 271671
Moldova (Republic of)
INSTITUTION EURASIAN INSTITUTE OF INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS
+996 312 269220
NATIONAL AGENCY FOR TECHNOLOGICAL DEVELOPMENT JSC
INTERNATIONAL ENVIRONMENT AND QUALITY SERVICES NORTH GREECE LTD
+30 2310 411 191
GEORGIAN RESEARCH AND EDUCATIONAL NETWORKING ASSOCIATION
+995 32 250590
BELARUSIAN INSTITUTE OF SYSTEM ANALYSIS AND INFORMATION SUPPORT OF SCIENTIFIC AND TECHNICAL SPHERE
+375 17 2031016
R. I. T. A. LLC
CONTRACTORS INSTITUTE FOR INFORMATICS AND AUTOMATION PROBLEMS OF THE NATIONAL ACADEMY
OF SCIENCES OF THE REPUBLIC OF ARMENIA