Aiming at new and breakthrough technologies, this part of the programme will contribute to boosting competitiveness, creating jobs and supporting growth.The emphasis is on areas of research and innovation with a strong industrial dimension and where mastering new technological opportunities will enable and drive innovation. The objective is to achieve the EU Industrial policy goals, which represents an important component of the EU Strategy for Key Enabling Technologies (KET).The emphasis for Leadership in Enabling and Industrial Technologies (LEIT) actions will be on:
- Research and innovation to strengthen Europe's industrial capacities and business perspectives, including SMEs
- Public-private partnerships (PPPs)
- Cross-cutting KETs
- Seizing the ICT opportunities
- Contributions to solving Societal Challenges and to Focus Areas
- Cross-cutting aspects, like international cooperation and responsible research and innovation.
The involvement of industrial participants, and of SMEs in particular, is crucial in maximising the expected impact of the actions.
Key Enabling Technologies (KETs), ICT and Space are areas of key industrial competences determining Europe’s global competitiveness.